YES KickStart 2024
Young Enterprise (YES) aims to inspire young people to discover their potential in business and in life.
Kickstart is our first event of the year, the session is designed to get students excited about business, we show students how to come up with an idea, to create a plan and students will then run their ideas past business coaches.
This is where you come in! We need local business people for this 2 hour session to assist by being a ‘speed coach’ and speak for approx 7mins to several teams of students.
KICKSTART | Speed Coach Role
Speak with a variety of YES company teams about their business concepts.
Coaches rotate every 7-10 minutes.
Requirements for coaches
• Use your personal experience to provide valuable feedback for each team
• Help students discover the potential of their product or service at the ideation phase
• Ask questions that help students discover if their product/business is viable. For example, have they researched their competition or found a gap in the market? Who is their target market?
• Give constructive and positive feedback – feedback in early ideation is critical
• Provide guidance rather than telling students exactly where they should be going – ideas are always helpful, but students learn most when they get to their destination themselves
• The aim for the end of the session is for students to be able to answer the following questions - Does my product or service solve a problem? Will the customer benefit from such a product/service?
“I was initially nervous as I didn’t have extensive business background however my background in education, innovation, presenting and sustainability proved to be a lot of value” – Mark Oster
Coaches will be invited to stay for light refreshments at the end of the session, this will provide an opportunity to network for half an hour with the other local business people participating.