Buddy Up Business
Leading a business in normal circumstances is challenging; the Covid crisis has added another dimension to the pressures. Looking around it seems that all is back to normal, but long-term effects are clear, and under the surface there are some huge issues for business owners, such as staff and skills shortages, sales downturn, increased debt levels, cashflow pressures, immigration and visa blocks, and supply issues. What can we do to help ourselves, and to get practical help from people around us? Well in Nelson we are fortunate to have huge resources at our disposal.
Nelson Tasman Business Trust and Health Action Trust have business mentors and life/business coaches readily available to help you. Your thinking and approach to leading yourself, your people, and your business. More importantly, how these link to strengthen how you see your life and business in a balanced and productive way. What can we do to help ourselves, and to get practical help from people around us? Well in Nelson we are fortunate to have huge resources at our disposal:
Nelson Tasman Business Trust
Business Mentoring, free business consultation, weekly Network Meetings and Training workshops
03 539 0824 www.ntbt.co.nz firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Action Trust
Working with communities to improve health and remove barriers that limit wellbeing
03-548 2798 www.healthaction.org.nz email@example.com
- Nelson Tasman Chamber of Commerce business advice and support, workshops advocacy and networking meetings. One-on one business advice through the regional Business Partner Programme.
- Uniquely Nelson has developed a range of marketing initiatives around Nelson City Experience to encourage greater visitation and retail expenditure in the city. 03-546 8405 www.uniquelynelson.co.nz firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hospitality New Zealand Industry advocacy; member support and advice on legal and employment matters. 0800 500 503 www.hospitality.org.nz email@example.com
- Nelson Regional Development Agency The Nelson Regional Development Agency exists to make a difference to the future prosperity of the Nelson Tasman region through positioning, connecting and promoting the region. 03-545 6858 www.nelsontasman.nz firstname.lastname@example.org
For acute mental health issues
- Nelson/Tasman: Ph. 0800 776 364 and press 2 for urgent concerns, or
- If presenting at Emergency Department, Mental Health crisis team members are available there after 6pm weekdays & 8am till 5:00 pm weekends.
- If the person is at high-risk contact call/text 1737 free phone /text 24 hours 7 days a week
For general concerns about a person at risk, contact the most relevant agencies below:
- Talk to your GP
- CAMHS (child/youth up to 18 years) mental health non acute services – self or GP referral: Nelson Ph: 03 546 1230.
- Brief Intervention Service – mild to moderate mental health issues free counselling Nelson Ph. 03 539 1170. Referral by your GP
- Primary Mental Health Initiative (PMHI) counselling and therapy via Nelson Bays PHO.
- Supporting Families in Mental Illness, Nelson Ph. 03 546 6090 email@example.com for Motueka Ph. 03 528 7790 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Male Room (Nelson only) 03 548 0403
- Te Piki Oranga (Nelson Marlborough) 0800 ORANGA (672 642)
Call/text 1737- nationwide mental health support: ‘Need to Talk?’& ‘Early Mental Health Response (EMHR)’
The Depression Helpline (0800 111 757)
Healthline (0800 611 116)
Lifeline (0800 543 354) or LifeLync (Nelson/Tasman only) Ph. 03 548 2400
Youthline (0800 37 66 33) txt 234 or email@example.com or webchat https://www.youthline.co.nz/
Alcohol Drug Helpline: 0800 787 797
Bereavement support: 0800 842 846