Certificates of Origin – are ‘shipment specific’ documents certifying the place of growth, production, or manufacture of goods exported from New Zealand. They can be used to satisfy your buyers that the products exported are wholly obtained or produced or manufactured here. Certain exports need export documents to be certified (authenticated) by a Chamber of Commerce. The Nelson Tasman Chamber of Commerce provides a certification service for Certificates of Origin and other trade documents, including Certificates of Manufacture and Certificates of Free Sale. This is available Monday to Friday, 9am - 4pm.
Non-Preferential Certificates of Origin
There are two ways in which non-preferential certificates of origin can be submitted:
1. Electronic Certification
Registered users can submit their standard certificates of origin through essCert. This allows you to complete your certificate of origin online and receive your approved documents in PDF format. This is the fastest and most cost effective way to lodge and have your documents certified.
- If you previously submitted via eCert, you can log into essCert here. If logging in for the first time, follow this guide.
- To register for essCert please go here.
2. Manual Certification
Wet-stamped certification may be required by some Customs Authorities – particularly for Middle Eastern countries. Please check with your importer if a wet-stamp COO is required or if an electronically certified COO will suffice.
Step 1: Download the required template + guides:
- Certificate of Origin (1 page template)
- Certificate of Origin (2 page template)
- Certificate of Origin (guide notes)
- Certificate of Origin (FAQs)
- Certificate of Free Sale
- Certificate of Manufacture
- List of countries requiring wet stamp Certificate of Origin
Step 2: Submit completed form to us:
- Email: email@example.com Certified documents returned by courier or collected from our office Mon- Fri between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm.
- Deliver to: Nelson Tasman Chamber of Commerce, NMIT campus A-Block, Mahitahi Colab, 322 Hardy Street, Nelson 7010
Documents certified while you wait. Please supply us with a file copy of each page to be certified.
|Certificate of Origin Pricing|
|Member Rate||$31.69 incl GST|
|Non-Member Rate||$46.00 incl GST|
For information about export documentation please email David Kerr on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 03 548 1363.
New Zealand Trade and Enterprise (NZTE) is the New Zealand Government’s economic development agency, committed to helping businesses grow their international competitiveness, profitability and capability.
View the official New Zealand Chambers of Commerce (NZCC) Export Documentation information here.
Are you required to provide an HS code on your export documents? The latest edition of HS codes has been released and came into effect on 1 January 2022. There is more information available from New Zealand's Custom Service here. Handy tips and a video guide are available on the New Zealand Chambers website here.
By joining the Chamber you can access the World Chambers Federation encompassing over 12000 Accredited Chamber members across the world.
A carnet is a Customs document which facilitates the temporary export of goods overseas. They can be likened to as passport for your goods. Carnets can be valid for up to a year, for multiple trips.
The advantages of using a carnet will:
- Save you money – by allowing temporary duty-free admission of your goods into overseas countries.
- Save you time – by avoiding the need to prepare importation forms for different counties.
- Save on hassle – by avoiding the possibility of goods being confiscated by Customs.
- Make business easier – by making Customs arrangement in advance and at a predetermined cost.
Carnets can only be obtained from the Wellington Chamber of Commerce. See here for more information and to apply.