Friday 1 July 20228:45 - 16:45Add to calendar
Annesbrook Events Centre, 40 Saxton Rd West, StokeView map
In times of uncertainty, leadership becomes more important than ever. Strength and conviction in decision making yes, but empathic leadership too as we experience an uncontainable swing from routine to instability. Ambiguity impacts all and in the face of it we need to be the type of people who can make clear decisions and take others with them.
But leadership also appears in many guises. It’s not just where the buck stops, it’s in project leads and aspirational goals, and that’s why we think Aspire 2022 is for everyone. If you run a business, work in a business, or have any connection to this region – join us for an impactful day of inspiration and connection.
To that end, we have put together an exciting line up of enlightening, interesting speakers including:
- Hon Grant Robertson, Deputy Prime Minister & Finance Minister
- Suzi McAlpine A leadership coach who specialises in leadership development, including executive coaching and running leadership programmes for CEOs and executive leadership teams. She is the author of the bestselling book, Beyond Burnout and award-winning blog, The Leader’s Digest.
- Tom Sturgess (Zoom) agribusiness investor and philanthropist, Tom is a former Chairman of New Zealand King Salmon and Executive Chair of A&R Whitcoulls Group. He is primary shareholder/executive chairman of Tiri Group.
- Anna Fifield In 2020, Anna Fifield became the editor of the Dominion Post in Wellington after two decades working for the Financial Times and Washington Post. She was a foreign correspondent posted to Seoul, Tehran, Beirut, Washington DC, Tokyo and, most recently, Beijing. Anna was a Nieman journalism fellow at Harvard University and was awarded Stanford University's Shorenstein Prize in 2018 for her reporting on Asia. Her book "The Great Successor: The Secret Rise and Rule of Kim Jong-Un" has been translated into 24 languages.
Panel discussion (Leadership for a Regenerative Economy)
- Donna Purdue Responsible for the economic frameworks used to underpin MBIE’s policy analysis, Donna leads the direction of their strategic research programme, providing analysis of key economic trends and their policy and regulatory implications.
- Benje Patterson
- Bill Kaye-Blake He works with interdisciplinary teams in consulting and research. Bill is a Principal Economist at NZIER, Theme Leader in the Our Land and Water Toitū te Whenua, Toiora te Wai National Science Challenge, and Honorary Associate Professor at Lincoln University.
Panel discussion (Leading by Example)
- Jonny Hendriksen A seasoned entrepreneur, with more than 20 years of experience in digital marketing. He has had a pioneering impact within the Japanese market where he founded and listed ValueClick Japan on the Tokyo Stock Exchange with a monthly reach of 40 million users a day. Jonny founded Shuttlerock in 2011 which has now grown to over 250+ employees across the globe in 10 offices.
- Matthew Hoddy
- Melissa Muirhead Most recently, a global HR executive at Heineken, based in Amsterdam. Overseeing people capability in 80 countries led Melissa to explore her obsessions with growth mindset and design thinking, developing Heineken's new global people strategy, specifically leading culture transformation. Now Tasman-based, Melissa recently founded The Great Work Lab which works with organisations globally around culture transformation, leadership, design thinking and executive coaching.
Our MC for the day will be Johny O'Donnell (MC) Strategist & Facilitator, a communications and engagement expert who facilitates change in the areas of economic, community and business development.
NB: When registering, please advise of any special dietary requirements. Registration includes morning and afternoon tea, lunch and end of day refreshments.
If you are interested in having an exhibitor stand at the event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Numbers strictly limited. $300 + gst including table and 1 x entry ticket (value $150-$175).
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received 7 days prior to our events and training seminars. Any cancellation and/or changes must be made in writing to email@example.com. Cancellations after this time or non attendance will require payment, however substitutions are welcome.
- Covid-19 Tracing and Privacy Information: The event managers will use the information you have provided in your registration for Covid-19 contact tracing, if necessary. You should not attend the conference if you are unwell, have any Covid-19 symptoms or if you need to be in isolation for any reason. Please refer to the https://covid19.govt.nz/ website for details about the current alert level. The event organisers will take all recommended steps to ensure a safe environment however they accept no responsibility should an outbreak of Covid-19 happen at/result from the event.