Tuesday 31 March 20209:30 - 11:30Add to calendar
Mahitahi Colab Boardroom, A Block NMIT, 322 Hardy Street, Nelson, 7010View map
Note: Date Change
Presenters: Gemma Newburn (Physiotherapist) & Dr Scott Newburn (Occupational Physician), Hemisphere Health.
Who is this workshop for?
All business owners who pay ACC levy’s. All Managers and Supervisors who are involved in dealing with workplace injuries and who are responsible for their workers returning to work after injury.
Lost time by sick or injured employees can equate to increased ACC levies, reduced productivity and lost profit. Many managers lack confidence in how to effectively manage health issues in their workplace. With the right skills, managers can balance the need to show the injured worker that they are supported, provide them with the best clinical care and alternative work options to promote a fast recovery.
This interactive workshop will give Managers and Supervisors the confidence to build processes to minimise the time, money and stress injuries cost both the injured worker and your business.
You will learn:
- How a workplace injury claim affects your ACC levy’s
- How to effectively manage physical health issues and injuries in your business to minimize costs
- Skills to support an injured worker for a faster recovery and return to work
- Strategies to allow an injured worker to remain at work or to assist them to return to work as soon as possible
- The importance of modified or alternative duties for both the business and the employee and what options you may have available but are not yet aware of
So you can:
- Confidently assess and act in injury situations
- Understand workplace injury management and take action to reduce ACC levies
- Actively promote efficient recovery from injuries to retain worker skills in your business and reduce potential lost profit
- Shift your focus to injury and illness prevention, keeping your team safe, engaged and working harder for you.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received 5 clear working days prior to the event. Cancellations after this time and ‘no shows’ on the day will be charged the full invoice amount. Substitutions are permitted if you can no longer attend.