Business Building Block Workshop - Lean fundamentals and the reasons for success or failure of Implementation
Tuesday 17 November 202010:00 - 12:00Add to calendar
Mahitahi COLAB Boardroom, NMIT Campus, 322 Hardy Street, Nelson, 7010View map
Presenter: Liam Taylor, 8 Steps
Who is this workshop for?
Business owners or key stakeholders within businesses who:
- Want to know more about true Lean
- Are thinking of embarking on a Lean or Continuous Improvement journey
- Have previously embarked on a Lean journey with limited success.
This workshop will provide an overview of Lean and the ingredients for success. In addition, we will cover why the methodologies involved do not just apply to manufacturing businesses. This session will not contain confusing terminology or buzzwords, making it easier to explain what true Lean is about. We will also provide a preview of our 8 Step approach.
Attendees will learn;
- The pre-requisites for a successful Lean-orientated journey
- Failures and pitfalls that businesses experience when undertaking their journey
- Why management of change is essential and what this entails
- The next steps to take if wanting to embark on a Lean journey.
So they can;
- Internally assess key business elements that are not only important for Lean but for business in general
- Sense-check whether they are already heading in the right direction (or not)
- Implement early improvements or key foundations that will add value to their business and their people within
Liam specialises in Lean strategy and the implementation of Lean/Continuous Improvement methodologies. With over 20 years’ experience, he has assisted businesses operating within primary, secondary and tertiary sectors, specifically covering manufacturing, industrial, defence and aerospace, food and beverage, viticulture, FMCG, automotive, stores, agricultural, fishing, hospitality and office-based services.
He has worked with companies based in the UK, Europe, USA, Australia and NZ. He has run his own successful businesses in both NZ and the UK. Liam has also coached and mentored small businesses in their start-up and growth.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received 5 clear working days prior to the event. Cancellations after this time and ‘no shows’ on the day will be charged the full invoice amount. Substitutions are permitted if you can no longer attend.