Tuesday 9 June 202017:30 - 19:30Add to calendar
Motueka Top 10 Holiday Park, 10 Fearon Street, Motueka, Nelson, 7120View map
Presenter: Dr Scott Newburn (Occupational Physician) Hemisphere Health
Who is this workshop for:
Business Owners, H&S and People Managers, plus H&S reps wanting to increase their understanding and skills in Health and Safety Management and Compliance
Navigating the Health and Safety Regulations affecting your Workplace can be daunting! The new Health and Safety at Work Act came into force in 2016. “SAFETY” awareness and compliance is steadily increasing yet there is still a limited understanding of how the “HEALTH” aspect of this Act impacts the workplace. There is also an increasing awareness of the effects of mental health in the workplace, however it is a challenge for business owners to identify and manage mental health concerns that have costly impacts.
It is a legal responsibility that Business Owners and Managers understand their responsibility to manage employee health and wellbeing in the workplace. This practical workshop will equip you with knowledge and skills to create a safe and healthy work environment to improve employee health and business profitability.
You will learn:
- How to identify mental health issues – these are not always easily visible
- How to identify health risks and hazards in the workplace
- Health monitoring – what you need to know
- The benefits of professional consultation, clincal services and workplace wellness programmes
So you can:
- Have confidence to address physical and mental health issues
- Increase your Company’s HSWA compliance
- Demonstrate your responsibility to worker health and wellbeing, building your company’s reputation, staff engagement and loyalty
- Improve risk management of worker health and safety
- Reduce the impact of physical and mental health issues on your business performance.
Venue kindly sponsored by Ben & Ashlee Ilton, Motueka Top 10 Holiday Park.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received 5 clear working days prior to the event. Cancellations after this time and ‘no shows’ on the day will be charged the full invoice amount. Substitutions are permitted if you can no longer attend.