Tuesday 1 November 202210:00 - 13:30Add to calendar
Mahitahi Colab, NMIT Campus A Block, 322 Hardy Street, Nelson, 7010, New ZealandView map
Presenter: Helen Mason, Coolspring Consulting.
Ensure you have a high standard of health and safety practices in your workplace. This half day course is an ideal opportunity for senior managers/business owners to understand their health and safety responsibilities to their business, learn to implement a practical health and safety system and make their workplace safer and more productive.
You'll learn about:
- Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 – what the legislative framework requires
- Health and Safety at Work Regulations – which support the Act
- Tools to develop a simple, practical and good practice health and safety system
- The duty holders under the law – and their duties
- Penalties – for non-compliance
- Building and promoting a positive health and safety culture in your workplace – create a competitive advantage
- How to manage the difficult conversations with your workers
So you can:
- Lead from the top
- Ask the right questions
- Develop a culture that puts health and safety first
- Understand your roles and responsibilities in health and safety
- Consider the hazards your workers face, and act.
- Leadership of a more engaged workforce
- The safe and healthy work environment your workers deserve
Who is this course for?
This course is designed to engage mid and senior level managers who need a greater understanding of their health and safety role within the business, and how great leadership can dramatically influence the development of organisational culture.
Testimonials about Helen as a presenter;
"Good knowledge, extensive history and experience established" Dan Bremner, NMIT
"Clear, concise and helpful. All info super relevant" Billie Stockman, A-Temp Recruitment
"Easy to understand" Allyse Kernot, Tasman Bay Food Group
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received 7 days prior to our events and training seminars. Any cancellation and/or changes must be made in writing to email@example.com. Cancellations after this time or non attendance will require payment, however substitutions are welcome.
COVID-19 VACCINE POLICY AND PRACTICES:
Please note, on the day of the event, visitors to our premises will be required to:
• Stay away if experiencing cold or flu like symptoms, or if a close contact or someone in your household has been exposed to COVID-19.