Wednesday 28 July 20219:00 - 15:30Add to calendar
Crombie Lockwood, Boardroom, 9 McGlashen Ave, Richmond, Nelson, 7020View map
Presenter: Helen Mason, Health and Safety Trainer and Consultant, Coolspring Consulting
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- Recently elected or appointed health and safety representatives
- Health and safety committee members
- Others with and interest in, or responsibility for, workplace health and safety.
This one-day course is an introduction to the role of a Health and Safety Representative under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and its regulations. Stage 1 provides Representatives with the foundation knowledge to enable them to exercise their duties and responsibilities as workplace Health and Safety Representatives.
YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- How to effectively perform the responsibilities of a workplace health and safety representative
- Understand health and safety legal requirements
- Promote the successful management of health and safety issues in good faith
- Representatives' wider roles: network and resources
- The formation and importance of Health and Safety Committees
SO YOU CAN:
- Gain an introduction to workplace health and safety
- Understand worker engagement and participation
- Use good faith practices
- Fulfil the functions of health and safety representatives
- Employ effective risk and hazard management
- Promote workplace health and safety culture
- The ability to act as an effective health and safety representative
- Greater worker engagement and participation
- A more robust health and safety culture within your organisation
Chamber Members: $450 + GST Non-Members: $550 + GST
This course is approved under the Regional Business Partner Network's Management Capability Development Fund, eligible businesses may receive funding support of up to 50% of course cost.
Please register your expression of interest and secure a spot, you will be contacted regarding payment and subsidy criteria.
Or for more information contact Trina Zimmerman, Business Development & Training Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 548 1363
Helen Mason - Health and Safety Trainer and Consultant, Coolspring Consulting
Helen Mason has extensive health and safety experience, including over 20 years as a health and safety consultant, as well as significant in-house training experience within both the public and private sector. Helen has an Adult Teaching Certificate - Level 5 and is skilled at being able to provide support to organisations at any stage of their health and safety journey – from systems audits, legislation updates and documentation right through to customised in-house training, and on-call support. With a focus on long-term partnerships, Helen regularly works with a wide range of clients from across a variety of sectors throughout New Zealand, including SMEs, large multinational corporates and not-for-profits, to help organisations more effectively manage health and safety in the workplace.