Health & Safety Reps - Stage 1
- Thursday 4 May 2023
- 9:30 am - 17:00 pm
- Add to calendar
- Mahitahi Colab, NMIT Campus A Block, 322 Hardy Street, Nelson, 7020, New Zealand
- Show on map
Presenter: Helen Mason, Health and Safety Trainer and Consultant, Coolspring Consulting
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- Recently elected or appointed health and safety representatives
- Health and safety committee members
- Others with and interest in, or responsibility for, workplace health and safety.
This one-day course is an introduction to the role of a Health and Safety Representative under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and its regulations. Stage 1 provides Representatives with the foundation knowledge to enable them to exercise their duties and responsibilities as workplace Health and Safety Representatives.
YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- How to effectively perform the responsibilities of a workplace health and safety representative
- Understand health and safety legal requirements
- Promote the successful management of health and safety issues in good faith
- Representatives' wider roles: network and resources
- The formation and importance of Health and Safety Committees
SO YOU CAN:
- Gain an introduction to workplace health and safety
- Understand worker engagement and participation
- Use good faith practices
- Fulfil the functions of health and safety representatives
- Employ effective risk and hazard management
- Promote workplace health and safety culture
- The ability to act as an effective health and safety representative
- Greater worker engagement and participation
- A more robust health and safety culture within your organisation
Chamber Members: $450 + GST Non-Members: $550 + GST
This course is approved under the Regional Business Partner Network's Management Capability Development Fund, eligible businesses may receive funding support of up to 50% of course cost.
Please register your expression of interest and secure a spot, you will be contacted regarding payment and subsidy criteria.
Or for more information contact Trina Zimmerman, Business Development & Training Manager - email@example.com or 03 548 1363
Helen Mason - Health and Safety Trainer and Consultant, Coolspring Consulting
Helen Mason has extensive health and safety experience, including over 20 years as a health and safety consultant, as well as significant in-house training experience within both the public and private sector. Helen has an Adult Teaching Certificate - Level 5 and is skilled at being able to provide support to organisations at any stage of their health and safety journey – from systems audits, legislation updates and documentation right through to customised in-house training, and on-call support. With a focus on long-term partnerships, Helen regularly works with a wide range of clients from across a variety of sectors throughout New Zealand, including SMEs, large multinational corporates and not-for-profits, to help organisations more effectively manage health and safety in the workplace.
"Helen the facilitator was really good at running the course keeping it simple and making it easy to understand key area of health and safety . She was excellent ."
Feedback from Clare Davies