8 Sep 2022 (9:00) - 9 Sep 2022 (16:30) Add to calendar
Mahitahi Colab, NMIT Campus A Block, 322 Hardy Street, Nelson, 7010, New ZealandView map
Mental Health First Aid training has arrived in Nelson.
This internationally accredited two-day course is delivered in association with Mental Health First Aid Aotearoa. The course is aimed at anyone who wants to learn how to recognise warning signs of mental ill health, and develop the skills and confidence to approach and support a friend, family member or co-worker while keeping yourself safe.
You’ll learn how to empower someone to access the support they might need for recovery or successful management of symptoms.
Special consideration: This course is only for persons aged 18 years and over.
What will I learn?
• An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
• Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
• Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
• Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
What do I get?
• A certificate of attendance to say you are a Mental Health First Aider
• A manual to refer to whenever you need it
• A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
• Morning tea and lunch
Delivered by Amy Richards PractNZISM H&S Consultant & Trainer Accredited Mental Health First Aid Instructor