Wednesday 14 April 202111:00 - 13:00Add to calendar
Mahitahi COLAB Boardroom, A Block NMIT, 322 Hardy Street, NelsonView map
In conjunction with the Businesses for Climate Action group.
Presenters: Claire Keeling from Ekos and Flo and Chloe van Dyke from the Chia Sisters Ltd.
Join the movement of small, medium and large businesses that are measuring, offsetting and reducing their carbon footprints in order to help Aotearoa NZ reach its goal of net Zero Carbon by 2050.
Government, supply chain & consumer expectations around carbon emissions are changing. The good news is that measuring your organisation’s carbon footprint is easier and more affordable than you think! It is also powerful to understand.
Ekos is here to demystify the carbon footprint measurement process for small, medium and large businesses who are looking to complete a full carbon footprint measurement of their business and who have aspirations to go Zero Carbon/Climate Positive in their operations.
They will be joined by Chia Sisters who will give some tips and advice about their carbon journey to date. You will also hear about the local Businesses for Climate Action group and what they are doing to create a sustainable and resilient business community in the Te Tauihu region (Nelson/Tasman/Marlborough).
What you'll learn from Ekos:
* The importance and the advantages of understanding your business’s carbon footprint.
* How to start measuring and reducing – the information you need to collect
* A sense of how much it might cost and the pathways to Zero Carbon/Climate Positive certification.
* An insight into the benefits of offsetting with ethical forest carbon.
What you’ll learn from Chia Sisters:
- What its like to start to understand your footprint
- Some immediate changes they made to their business to reduce their emissions (and save them money too)
- An update on the Businesses for Climate Action group