Mastering Body Language: Presented by Stew Darling of Unstoppable Force
- Thursday 7 December 2023
- 15:00 pm - 17:00 pm
- Add to calendar
- Mahitahi Colab, NMIT Te Pukenga Campus A Block, 322 Hardy Street, Nelson, 7010, New Zealand
- Show on map
Presenter: Stew Darling, Unstoppable Force
Mastering Body Language: Unlocking Nonverbal Communication
This workshop equips participants with essential skills to enhance their nonverbal communication. Through theory, practical exercises, and expert guidance, attendees gain insights into the power of body language. They learn to interpret and use nonverbal cues effectively, increasing self-awareness and improving professional presence. Role-playing scenarios, group discussions, and individual presentations enable participants to practice conveying confidence, building rapport, and influencing others positively. The workshop also explores contextual application in job interviews, presentations, meetings, and negotiations. With heightened understanding and practical strategies, participants leave equipped to navigate communication challenges, create stronger connections, and achieve success in both personal and professional spheres.
Attendees will learn;
- Overview of the key theories and concepts related to body language, including an explanation of different types of nonverbal cues, their meanings, and the impact they have on communication.
- Illustrations of various body language signals and their interpretations including real-life examples to help participants understand the nuances of nonverbal communication.
- To reinforce learning, participants engage in practical exercises allowing them to apply and practice their body language skills.
- Specific techniques and strategies for improving body language, including guidance on maintaining positive posture, using appropriate gestures, making effective eye contact, and managing facial expressions.
- The application of body language skills in different contexts, such as job interviews, presentations, meetings, and negotiations, including use body language to establish rapport, project confidence, convey empathy, and influence others positively.
So they can;
- Effectively convey and interpret nonverbal cues. This outcome involves developing a deeper understanding of different body language signals, such as facial expressions, posture, gestures, and eye contact. You will learn to use these signals more consciously and purposefully to express yourself, understand others better, and create positive interactions.
- To cultivate self-awareness. You will gain insights into your nonverbal behaviours, identifying any negative or unintentional signals they may be sending. By recognising and understanding your body language, you can make conscious adjustments to improve your overall communication and create a more positive impact on others.
- Attendees improve their professional presence and influence. By mastering the art of body language, you can project confidence, authority, and credibility in various professional settings. You will learn techniques to convey openness, active listening, and engagement, which can significantly impact their professional relationships, negotiations, and leadership abilities.
CEO and Founder of Unstoppable Force, Stew is a former Lieutenant Colonel in Military Intelligence with a 23-year career in the British Army running security, intelligence, and counter-intelligence operations around the world. Stew worked with all three UK national intelligence agencies and was responsible for thousands of lives in high-stress environments including operations in The Balkans, Iraq, and Afghanistan.
After Stew left the Army, Stew and Liz emigrated to New Zealand where Stew became CEO of a software start-up. Since launching Unstoppable Force, Stew has applied his extensive skills and experience to make a difference in the lives of individuals and businesses. He has written a book and recorded a podcast series.
Standard cancellation policy applies to paid events/workshops (unless otherwise stated on event listing). Cancellations must be received 3 working days prior to the event. Cancellations after this time and ‘no shows’ on the day will be charged the full invoice amount. Substitutions are permitted if you can no longer attend.