Wednesday 7 September 20229:30 - 11:30Add to calendar
Mahitahi Colab, NMIT Campus A Block, 322 Hardy Street, Nelson, 7010, New ZealandView map
Presenter: Carla Jehle, Sound Choice Business Support
The purpose of this series is to provide the foundations of what is needed for a healthy functioning business, for those new to business or who don’t have the basics in place.
You need to know your numbers so you can make plans. As a small business owner, even if paperwork is not your cup of tea, basic admin systems and financial management are a necessary component of running a successful business in good times and the bad.
This hands-on, interactive workshop offers strategic guidance and a practical approach to setting up basic financial and admin systems for your business, based on Carla’s experience with her own bookkeeping students and clients, with examples, tips and tools that help you take control of your finances and admin and make your life easier.
Attendees will learn;
- Basic components and structure of a business plan
- How to choose the right method for keeping business records
- How to set up an efficient and accurate bookkeeping system for your business
- The basics about tax requirements for small business
- 10 common mistakes in small business accounting you can avoid by being organised
So you can;
- Create a basic business plan
- Implement a system to organise and track your money
- Get into a routine to keep on top of your accounts and admin
- Take control of the admin and financial side of your business activities
- Set aside tax money
- Have confidence and clarity about the financial health of your business