Don’t wait for an emergency to get your business ready
Putting time into planning for emergencies makes good business sense — it helps keep staff safe and minimises downtime. It’s also a legal responsibility.
Being prepared for an emergency or disaster can:
- save lives and prevent harm
- help businesses to continue trading through hardship
- give staff and owners confidence
- protect equipment and premises
- quickly get businesses running again.
No one expects you to be able to plan for every kind of emergency. But depending on your industry, you should have a good idea of risks you face at work.